On Monday, I attended the Atria Indie Author Tour in Toronto with some fantastic New Adult authors, namely Jamie McGuire, Colleen Hoover, Abbi Glines and K.A. Tucker. Let me just say that I was all smiles when I got back home with my pile of signed books!
Long line, and I’m at the end of it!
The event had the usual format – a Q&A session followed by a book signing. All of the authors were entertaining and lovely, and you could tell there was a camaraderie between them. I picked up some interesting tidbits, some of which surprised me. Here’s the scoop:
- Apparently there’s going to be a Beautiful Disaster movie. Now, I think I knew this at one point in time but promptly forgot, so this was news to me all over again! The release date is currently unknown. The script has been written but no director has been selected as of yet.
- Travis from Beautiful Disaster is based on a real person, only with a different name.
- There will be more of Six and Daniel from Colleen, maybe towards the end of 2014. Regardless, we definitely haven’t seen the last of them!
- There will also be more of The Vincent Boys from Abbi in the form of a prequel. The release date is currently unknown.
- Kathleen has a fixation with Charlie Hunnam and would cast him as Trent in Ten Tiny Breaths.
- Jamie has a novella coming out on December 10th, but it’s super-secret and she wouldn’t reveal further details.
- There is going to be a Maddox Brothers series with one book for each of Travis’ brothers. The first book will be about Trenton. Jamie said Trenton is Travis x 2!
- My favorite quote of the night was from Jamie after being asked if she cries over her books – ‘If I’m not crying, then how can I expect anyone else to?’
View from my vantage point on the floor
That was pretty much it for the Q&A. I had to wait awhile to get my books signed, but I had a nice haul!
My signed books
I also got a fantastic photo with the ladies –
Here’s hoping more of my favorite authors come to town!